June 24, 2004

So It's Decided...

The Philippine Congress has finally decided that GMA and Kabayan has won the Presidential and Vice-presidential race, respectively.

I am no FPJ supporter, but looking back at what really happened in the last few days, I think the opposition has a point. The opposition has been demonized in the media, accused of filibustering and delaying the canvass, creating political and economic instability. Maybe they did filibuster, and I still hate Dilangalen's guts, but knowing that not even one COC has been verified and compared to the source materials - the election returns - despite signs of tampering and erasures, I'm just saddened that the concept of the "majority winning in a democracy" has been abused. Gravely...

I was in EDSA II. I went there with all conviction, fighting for my principles. GMA would always be my symbol of betrayal, as she failed in all respects to uphold the vision of EDSA II. Ahhh, why am I deluding myself? She has always been suspect anyway, riding on the EDSA II bandwagon only when it's apparent that Erap is about to be toppled. Manggagamit. Mapanamantala.

BTW, whatever happened to those PGMA street sweepers? I don't see them around anymore. They were expendable, Madam Gloria? Maybe we should always have an election so that you would be motivated to "create jobs."

3 comments:

Drama Queen Extraordinaire said...

just from a student's point of view... i think the majority has been rushing things kasi pag hindi sila nakapag declare ng isang president at bise-presidente by june 30... magkakaroon ng failure of election... at siyempre ayaw naman ng iba na mangyari yun kasi masyadong madami na ang iginulgol niya para mapunta lang sa wala di ba? la lang... just a thought...

Paeng said...

^ possible. pero ano ba naman ang sayang dun kung ang ginastos mo naman e public funds. :p wala ka ring ginastos. :)

Ederic said...

"She has always been suspect anyway, riding on the EDSA II bandwagon only when it's apparent that Erap is about to be toppled. Manggagamit. Mapanamantala."

Sinabi mo pa. *Buntung hininga*